WELCOME TO FIDELITAS WINES

Fidelitas is a family owned winery focused primarily on making the very best Bordeaux style wines from some of the best fruit grown in Washington's Columbia Valley. Over the years my passion to create this style of wine prompted me to start Fidelitas with the 2000 vintage.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Growers - The Real Winemakers

I had a chance this past weekend to spend some time in the vineyard with a few of our growers for Fidelitas and was I ever impressed. I think all too often, that winemakers get too much of the credit when it comes to wine quality when the real heroes are the growers who get us consistently great fruit. As I visited vineyards this past weekend I was struck by the dedication of Roger Gamache. He is sincere about trying to get me the very best fruit that his vineyard will provide so that I can make the very best wine possible. I saw the same dedication and attention to detail from Miguel Rodriguez at Weinbau Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope as well. The list of growers that we use at Fidelitas is a list of some of the best grape growers in the state and in each and every vineyard we see this type of dedication. The next time you read about how great a wine is from a winery, think about the growers and there immense contribution to the overall process.
Cheers!
Charlie

No comments: